Thursday, April 4, 2013

Week 5: Weigh Day!

Just before getting Frank's first bottle ready this morning, I dug out my scale from under the bathroom sink. Tapping the bottom right corner to wake it from its slumber, I pondered how I would feel about the number. Hoping for my efforts to feel validated, I held my breath and stepped on. A few seconds later, there it was: 267! Five pounds in five weeks is definitely something I can be proud of, and will be put to work as an extra boost of motivation for the next month. 

Last week, I completed week four's one-minute-on/one-minute-off running intervals and sailed right into this weeks two-minutes-on/one-minute-off intervals. I am beginning to genuinely enjoy my runs. When I get my shoes on, there's no turning back- even if I happen to be lacking in the motivation department that day. I've continued the arm and ab workouts, adding more reps as we go along. The new addition this month is a workout calendar I pinned some time ago called "Tuff Butt April" (obviously, this calendar was created for a different year, but I can deal).  My legs are already reeling from the squats and lunges. But hey, that means it's working, right?

I'm keeping this one short and sweet. Besides, I have some weight-loss celebrating to do! And, what's a blog post without a hint of baby Frank? Mountain Man stumbled across my missing USB.


No comments:

Post a Comment