Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Looking Forward

I blink and suddenly here we are, mid-June. I've been slowly whittling away the pounds in between all of the teething and crawling going on around here. Now I'm sitting at 263. I've happily chucked another four pounds into the not-gaining-this-back bucket. These pushups are definitely not getting any easier, but maybe I'll get some killer arms out of the deal?
The first several months of Frank's life, I viewed my body in a more utilitarian way. It's function? Sustain baby. I was a walking, emotional, (leaking..), post-partum blob on legs. My body is FINALLY starting to regain shape. My curves are returning along with a healthy dose of confidence, and I feel more and more like a human being every day (and much less like that blob). That pre-pregnancy number is finally within grasp. Oh, and, I finally did it. I bit the bullet and bought a bigger pair of jeans and I haven't looked back.

My photography is still headed in the right direction, as my return-to-school-semester looms overhead. As much as I'm dreading the logistics of child care, applying for child care grants, scheduling pick-ups and drop-offs, homework during nap time... the anticipation and excitement are slowly building for being back in a classroom setting. A lot of good things are coming this fall and I cannot wait to share them. Not only will I knocking out a semester worth of classes (let's just beat this dead horse, shall we?), but my best friend is getting married in October and I'll be maid of honor/photographer at said wedding, Frank's epic first birthday party will come in November, and don't even get me started on the holiday season. I'm trying to be patient (you know, since it's still only June), but I am so ready to start a few wonderful and beautiful traditions with my sweet boy. Did I mention he's crawling?!

In other news, baby sister graduated high school. Besides the immense pride, all I feel is old, old, old.


1 comment: